This week on Lock and Code, we offer something special for listeners—a backstage pass to a cybersecurity training that we held for employees during Cybersecurity Awareness Month, which ended in October.
The topic? The future of cybersecurity for the Internet of Things.
Our guests, Chief Information Security Officer John Donovan and Security Evangelist and a Director for Malwarebytes Labs Adam Kujawa guide us through some of the future’s most pressing questions. Will we ever run antivirus software on IoT devices? What predictions can we make for how the cybersecurity industry will respond to the next, possible big IoT attack? And what can we do today to stay safe?
This episode was recorded live in front of our fellow Malwarebytes employees (over Zoom, of course, as is tradition during the coronavirus pandemic). The episode even includes a Q&A with our employees.
Tune in to get a glimpse into how Malwarebytes helped its own employees during Cybersecurity Awareness Month, on the latest episode of Lock and Code, with host David Ruiz.
We cover our own research on:
- Hospital ransomware, because scammers have gone back to targeting things they really shouldn’t be.
- Retirement announcements, though perhaps not in the way you might expect.
- Updating is good, and updating to protect against zero-days is even better.
- Trojans and US elections? Oh my.
- If you’re in California then data privacy laws are changing. Find out how.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about RegTech but were too scared to ask.
- In a big week for patching, Apple has a little updating of their own to do.
Other cybersecurity news
- Ransomware isn’t kid’s stuff: Toy maker Mattel discloses a ransomware attack (Source: ZDNet)
- It’s a trap: what happens when a tech support scammer manages to dial through to a law enforcement cybercrime squad? (Source: The Register)
- Getting bored with ad fraud: What are some of the ways you can nip this problem in the bud? (Source: Help net Security)
- Fake Elon and his Bitcoin: The age-old Twitter problem resurfaces once again (Source: International Business Times)
- Game makers compromised: Gaming giants Capcom reveal they’ve been the target of a cyberattack (Source: BBC)
Stay safe, everyone!
The post Lock and Code S1Ep19: Forecasting IoT cybersecurity with John Donovan and Adam Kujawa appeared first on Malwarebytes Labs.
Refer Here for Original Post and Source https://blog.malwarebytes.com/podcast/2020/11/lock-and-code-s1ep19-forecasting-iot-cybersecurity-with-john-donovan-and-adam-kujawa/