This week on Lock and Code, we discuss the top security headlines generated right here on Labs and around the Internet. In addition, we talk to Matt Davey, chief operations optimist at 1Password, and Kyle Swank, a member of 1Password’s security team, about—what else—passwords.
We may know it’s important to have a strong, non-guessable, lengthy password, and yet we still probably all know someone who writes their password on a post-it, which is then affixed literally onto their machine. On today’s episode, we discuss secure passwords, password alternatives, and the future—and potential death—of passwords.
Tune in for all this and more on the latest episode of Lock and Code, with host David Ruiz.
We cover our own research on:
- VPNS: We ask if you should be using them, and look at some of the reasons why
- End of Line: We look at what happens in a world where your expensive home devices can lose support without much warning
- Sophisticated attacks: We walk you through a very smart APT attack deployed in multiple stages
- Facial recognition technology: We provide a rundown on which companies recently decided to not provide the technology to law enforcement.
Plus other cybersecurity news:
- Inside job: IT specialist is jailed for swiping cryptocurrency from business owner (Source: St Helens Star)
- Track and trace: How a variety of opec failures brought law enforcement to somebody’s door (Source: The Register)
- Another day, another breach: Niche dating apps suffer from user exposure (Source: VPN Mentor)
- Business email compromise: scam email trends in the age of Coronavirus (Source: Help Net Security)
- Free flight scam: Southwest Airlines puts customers on notice (Source: House Beautiful)
Stay safe, everyone!
The post Lock and Code S1Ep9: Strengthening and forgetting passwords with Matt Davey and Kyle Swank appeared first on Malwarebytes Labs.
Refer Here for Original Post and Source https://blog.malwarebytes.com/a-week-in-security/2020/06/lock-and-code-s1ep9-strengthening-and-forgetting-passwords-with-matt-davey-and-kyle-swank/