This week on Lock and Code, we discuss the top security headlines generated right here on Labs and around the Internet. In addition, we talk to John Donovan, head of security at Malwarebytes, and Adam Kujawa, director of Malwarebtyes Labs, about securely working from home (WFH).
With shelter-in-place orders now in full effect to prevent the spread of coronavirus, countless businesses find themselves this year in mandatory work-from-home situations. On today’s episode, we go beyond just talking about threats. We have a dialogue.
First, what types of malware and attack methods are we seeing, and then, how has Malwarebytes responded. We want to give you an inside look, because even though we’re a cybersecurity company, staying cyber secure goes beyond malware detection. It reaches into educating your employees and implementing proper policies to protect your company.
Tune in for all this and more on the latest episode of Lock and Code, with host David Ruiz.
We cover our own research on:
- Labs report finds: Coronavirus campaigns lead to surge in malware threats
- A brief history of video game saves and data modification
- Teaching from home might become part of every teachers’ job description
- New LNK attack tied to Higaisa APT
- Sodinokibi ransomware gang auctions off stolen data
Plus other cybersecurity news:
- Bug bounty hunter snags $100,000 award for zero-day bug in ‘Sign in with Apple‘ system. (Source: TechSpot)
- 100,000 company inboxes hit with voice message phishing. (Source: Bleeping Computer)
- 80% of organizations suffered at least one cloud data breach in the past 18 months. (Source: Ciso Mag)
- Mongolia arrests 800 Chinese citizens in cybercrime probe. (Source: Reuters)
- Minnesota used contact tracing to track protestors, which created a trust problem for medical workers in the pandemic. (Sources: BGR and Cnet)
Stay safe, everyone!
The post Lock and Code S1Ep8: Securely working from home (WFH) with John Donovan and Adam Kujawa appeared first on Malwarebytes Labs.
Refer Here for Original Post and Source https://blog.malwarebytes.com/podcast/2020/06/lock-and-code-s1ep8-securely-working-from-home-wfh-with-john-donovan-and-adam-kujawa/