This week on Lock and Code, we discuss the top security headlines generated right here on Labs and around the Internet. In addition, we talk to Adam Kujawa, a director of Malwarebytes Labs, about the state of data privacy today, including how users and businesses can protect sensitive information when there are few laws to help them out, and whether we could foresee the many problems with today’s rampant data sharing when we first built the Internet.
Tune in for all this and more on the latest episode of Lock and Code, with host David Ruiz.
We cover our own research:
- A deep dive into a bogus “Corona antivirus” claiming to have a cure to the actual coronavirus.
- An exploration of “What now?” for Windows 7 users, now that the OS has reached end-of-life.
- Our discovery of a live credit card skimmer on Tupperware’s official website, which has since been taken down.
- An opinion piece by our own CPO, digging into better ways for enterprise organizations to answer security challenges.
- A warning about dubious Coronavirus spam mails.
Plus other cybersecurity news:
- Housing association spills data: A “please update your details” missive has horrible data exposure consequences for a UK-based organization. (Source: The Register)
- The age-old problem of password reuse: Shockingly, it’s a problem for Fortune 500 companies, too. (Source: Help Net Security)
- Homework equals router mayhem: With many worldwide retreating to their home environment, it figures that hackers would follow them there. (Source: Cyberscoop)
- Compromised news sites lead to malware: A variety of backdoor files are offered up by hijacked news portals. (Source: Bleeping Computer)
- Netflix and phish: The increase in work-from-home employees is also giving rise to a bump in attacks on streaming services. (Source: RapidTV News)
Stay safe, everyone!
The post Lock and Code S1Ep3: Dishing on data privacy with Adam Kujawa appeared first on Malwarebytes Labs.
Refer Here for Original Post and Source https://blog.malwarebytes.com/podcast/2020/03/lock-and-code-s1ep3-dishing-on-data-privacy-with-adam-kujawa/