This week on Lock and Code, we discuss the top security headlines generated right here on Labs and around the Internet. In addition, we talk to two representatives from an Atlanta-based managed service provider—a manager of engineering services and a data center architect—about the daily challenges of managing thousands of nodes and the future of the industry.
Tune in for all this and more on the latest episode of Lock and Code, with host David Ruiz.
We cover our own research on:
- International Women’s Day: Is awareness of stalkerware, monitoring, and spyware apps on the rise?
- How a Rocket Loader skimmer impersonates the CloudFlare library in a clever scheme
- Securing the MSP: What are the best practices for vetting cybersecurity vendors?
- Remote security, aka RemoteSec, and how to achieve on-prem security levels with cloud-based remote teams
- How the coronavirus has impacted security conferences and events, including which were cancelled, postponed, or switched over to virtual
- The effects of climate change on cybersecurity
Plus, other cybersecurity news:
- FBI warning: Hackers are targeting Office 365, G Suite users with business email compromise attacks. (Source: SiliconAngle)
- How poor IoT security is allowing the 12-year-old Conficker malware to make a comeback. (Source: ZDNet)
- Recently discovered spear phishing emails are using HIV test results as a scare factor. (Source: ThreatPost)
- Talkspace threatened to sue a security researcher over a bug report, and forced him to take down a blog post. (Source: TechCrunch)
- Independent testing found Google’s Play Protect to be poor on malware protection. (Source: Forbes)
- Researchers found thousands of fingerprint files exposed in an unsecured database. (Source: Cnet)
- Researchers discovered a phishing page informing victims about fake Netflix service disruptions, supposedly due to problems with the victim’s payment method. (Source: Sucuri Blog)
Stay safe, everyone!
The post Lock and Code S1Ep2: On the challenges of managed service providers appeared first on Malwarebytes Labs.
Refer Here for Original Post and Source https://blog.malwarebytes.com/podcast/2020/03/lock-and-code-s1ep2-on-the-challenges-of-managed-service-providers/