With Christmas just around the corner, the Secret Sister scam returned.
We also touched on the security and privacy (or lack thereof) in smart jewelry, air traffic control compromise, and what security concerns to take note of when automating your business.
Other cybersecurity news
- 3.9 billion records were exposed due to breaches in the first 9 months of 2018. (Source: Help Net Security)
- Because of Facebook’s move to tackling propaganda, malicious actors were asked to hijack social media accounts. (Source: Sophos’s Naked Security Blog)
- High-profile accounts on Twitter hijacked to spew cryptocurrency scams. (Source: Graham Cluley Security News)
- Evasive new ransomware strain, Dharma, came to light. (Source: Security Intelligence)
- Information of charity and political party supporters, and online shoppers in the US was quietly leaking. (Source: Bloomberg)
- Meet White Company, a powerful new APT. (Source: CSO Online)
- Voxox server exposed a database of millions of SMS, which includes two-factor codes and password reset links among others. (Source: TechCrunch)
- Facebook updates its community regarding how they’re doing on enforcing standards. (Source: Facebook Newsroom)
- Hawkeye keylogger took advantage of an old MS Office vulnerability to steal credentials, clipboard content. (Source: Security Intelligence)
- Bruce Schneier believes that patching software is failing, and explained why. (Source: Motherboard)
Stay safe, everyone!
Refer Here for Original Post and Source https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/2018/11/week-security-november-12-18/