How can cybercrime hurt your business?
Here are just a few results one can expect after a cyber attack.
Here are a few examples of how cybercrime can ruin your business, take the necessary precautions, and get Proactive Protection with “Absolute Care”
- Empty bank accounts – Using malware, phishing emails and other
techniques, hackers can empty bank accounts from across the globe.
Many small companies hit by this type of attack are forced to close.
- Steal credit card data – Criminals can quickly turn a list of credit cards into cash
on the black market. When this happens, the business can be hit by massive
fines and lose a tremendous amount of trust from customers and partners.
- Knockout computer systems – Cyberthreats can even knock your
computers offline. How much would it cost your business if the network went
down for a day? How about a week?
- Secretly take control – Cybercriminals control millions of computers in the
U.S. alone. The people who own the computers have no clue. They are used
for illegal activity such as attacking businesses and sending out viruses.
- Slow down performance – Have you ever had a computer slowed down by
malware or adware? Many of these programs are designed to spread across
your network. That can slow down your entire business.
- Wipeout files – Some malware, called “ransomware,” can find important files
on your network, lock them, and demand a ransom payment (in real dollars) to
unlock them. If the ransom is not paid in time, the files are lost forever.
The good news is that small businesses can prevent these attacks by having good computer and network security. Not sure if your security is good enough? Call our team of experts. We specialize in helping small businesses secure their computers and networks so they can rest easy and focus on business
Take advantage of our Cyber Security Assessment, let us provide some insight on how to improve your network security.