Just be extra careful….
One of the largest attacks from Ransomware has recently been released, and another volley is sure to follow.
The self-spreading ransomware, known as ‘Wanna Cry’ or ‘Wanna Decryptor’, exploits a vulnerability in Microsoft’s Windows operating system.
It is believed that this ransomware is spread through phishing emails, malicious adverts on websites, and questionable apps and programs.
Users are advised to be extremely cautious in their online activities.
Here are some things to help keep ransomware like this from happening:
· Do NOT open unsolicited or suspicious emails or links therein (this can be difficult, but take extra time, and caution at least)
· Do NOT open attachments included in unsolicited e-mails (if in doubt try and “Call and confirm” or just Don’t do it, we can also diagnose the attachments if needed to help secure the emails)
· Do NOT click on links to unfamiliar or nefarious websites
· Do NOT download applications and programs that have not been verified by an official store
Prevention measures such as DNS host protection, Keeping up with Patches, among other measures requires routine maintenance in most cases. Having a program like Absolute Care, can help combat, and prevent hackers and exploits from happening significantly. Working with MSP providers such as Absolute Central, will allow the deployment and management of cutting edge software, and constant security upgrades that will significantly protect your business environment from attacks such as these.
How do you stop these things? Basically exercise extra caution! Many of you are lucky to have security enhancements and other systems, in place. Do you have Absolute Care MSP? If not please recommend us, or at least get complete coverage for your workstations. Although we deploy the latest and greatest security measures, we can’t always stop “Stupid”.
In the event that your computer has been infected with the ‘Wanna Cry’ ransomware, take the following steps:
- · Disconnect and quarantine the infected system by removing it from your network
· Apply the latest Microsoft patch to all computer systems (please see Microsoft’s Security Bulletin MS17-010) Or your probably already protected by automatic updates for this, (Depends on your service plan level). In most cases all Important and Critical patches are automatically provided and performed. Ask us about this to ensure your on the best plan, and protection by simply calling us.
· Contact us if possible ASAP so we can assess the damage, and provide help.
Call our offices at (Absolute Care) 623-505-3015 to review your MSP plan, and or setup a free review. In most cases we are already reviewing your technology automatically every 6 months, but this also provides an opportunity to share your thoughts and concerns going forward.
Want to know more? click (to setup a scheduled call or appointment) http://www.absolutecentral.com/make-an-appointment/
or join our Newsletter below for more news, tips, and information from the good guys at Absolute Central Technologies Inc. home of “Absolute Care”[newsletter_button id=1 label=”Subscribe Here”]