So, you have created a Webmail account for your personal domain and want to use Microsoft Outlook 2007 to send and receive email through it. If you have never set an email up for Outlook before, it can appear overwhelming. However, it does not need to be difficult. If you have already used Outlook 2003, the process is very similar!
So, let’s begin setting up your Webmail to Outlook 2007.
1. Go to the Start Menu on your Windows Desktop. . Depending on your version of Windows, the Start Menu could be set up in any number of ways. Generally, it is on the bottom left of your Desktop.
Navigate from “Start Menu” to “Programs” to “Outlook 2007.” Click on the Icon for Outlook 2007 to begin.
2. Once Outlook is open, select the “Account Settings” option under the “Tools” tab.
3. The Account Settings Dialog Box will now open. The first tab will be labeled “Email.” Press the “New” button under the “Email” tab.
4. The following screen will pop up:
- Make sure the box that says “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” box is selected.
- Click the “Next” button.
5. On the next screen, select “Internet E-Mail” button and select the “next button”
6. For the following screen, you will need important information from your Web mail account. To retrieve that information, see the following instructions: To find this information, login to your Webmail directly through “webmail.yourdomainname.com” then click on “Configure Mail Client” in your settings.
You will then be directed to the following screen:
You will notice “Auto Configuration Scripts” at the top of the screen. Because we are using Outlook 2007 and not any of the ones in that box, we will ignore the entire “Auto Configuration” section. Instead, look under “Manual Settings.”
This section shows you exactly what information to input into your Outlook 2007 to set up your Webmail. Note: It is highly recommended that you use the Secure SSL/TLS Settings to keep your email secure.
Using the information in this section, return to outlook and select “IMAP” or “POP3.” For this how-to, I am using “POP3” Settings, though the set-up for IMAP is almost identical.
- Enter your information exactly as found on your Web mail account and select “More Settings.”
8. After clicking on “More Settings,” there are only a few more steps you will need to do to complete the set-up.
Under the “Outgoing Server” Tab, click the empty box next to “My Outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.” You may ignore the “Connection” Tab.
Under “Advanced” make sure the Port information matches the “Manual Settings” tab.
Be sure to check the boxes labeled “This Server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).” Once this has been done, press “OK.
If everything comes up clear, like the above image, press “Next” on the Set-Up Wizard then “Finish” to exit.
That’s it! You’ve set up your Webmail account for Outlook 2007!